Construction Site Accidents – Frequently Asked Questions

If you’ve been involved in a construction site accident in the Lynn or Boston, MA area, look no further than Mark Horrigan for legal guidance. Personal injury cases can have complicated nuances that require a lawyer in order to prove negligence if you’ve hurt on the job. When you hire Mark Horrigan, you’re not only working with an experienced lawyer of 30+ years, but you will have someone by your side to help evaluate all costs associated with the injury, a thorough investigation into your case, and someone who can walk you through every case consideration. Read our most common construction site accident questions below, then contact us today to review your case.

What Types of Injuries are Common on Construction Sites?

Some of the most common construction site injuries include high falls, broken bones, electrocution, and at times: fatalities. When you’re injured on a construction site, your compensation for injury depends entirely on the at-fault party.

I’ve Been Injured on a Construction Site, Who Can I Sue?

The compensation you receive depends entirely on the at-fault party. There are many angles you can go after when you’ve been injured on a construction site near Boston. Does your employer have workers’ compensation insurance? Was there a third party involved in the accident? These are the types of questions a lawyer could help walk you through.

When I’ve Been Injured in a Construction Accident, is There a Chance I Can’t Receive Compensation?

If you’ve been injured on a job site, the only way you could NOT receive some type of compensation is if you were 50% or more at fault. Determining at fault parties typically requires witnesses. If you were 30% at fault, as determined in court, your compensation will be reduced pro rata (i.e. 30% less than a full recovery).

What if My Employer Does Not Have Workers’ Compensation Insurance?

If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance to cover your injuries, you can legally sue them as all employers are required to carry workers’ comp insurance to cover their employees. If your employer does have workers’ compensation insurance, you cannot directly sue your employer, but you must rather file a workers’ compensation report immediately.

I was Injured on the Job, but it was Another Company’s Fault – Now What?

If you were injured on the job by another person or company that was not your own, you can sue the third party involved in your accident. This is common on construction sites around Lynn and Salem, MA. Many construction companies have third parties involved in the building or repairing of roadways, structures and more. It’s a common practice for excavation companies and electrician companies to be on one job site at once, causing room for error or third party involved injuries.

What Compensation am I Eligible For? Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?

Hiring a lawyer ensures you know every aspect of financially eligibility. Not only are you able to fight for your initial medical expenses, but you can sue for ongoing medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of earning capacity.

Contact Mark Horrigan of Horrigan & Norman Law

Call our Lynn, MA office to get in touch with Mark Horrigan to review your construction accident case today! We’d be happy to walk you through case considerations and meet you one-on-one for an initial consultation to review your claim. We can’t wait to work with you and help you receive the compensation you deserve.