- Passages of the Past Audio Tour
Experience a more personal history of Salem from the perspectives of the people who don’t make it into the history books. From enslaved people to indentured servants to immigrants fleeing war and looking for opportunity; the Derby St. Neighborhood has been a backbone of Salem since its earliest days. Feb. 1st | 10:30 am-4 pmHouse of the Seven Gables Salem, MAFor More Information
Candle Magick- Crafting Love Spell
This workshop will focus on the love spell. This spell is not just romantic love, but also friendship, family relationships, and more importantly self-love. Discuss what herbs, oils, and crystals work best with spells. The 2nd half of the class will focus on the hands-on-carve, anoint, and decorate our candles based on the Intention we are called to focus on.
Feb. 4th | 1 pm-3 pm
1 Derby Square Salem, MA
- Salem’s so Sweet
Salem Main Streets and the Salem Chamber of Commerce invite you to participate in the annual “Salem’s so Sweet” Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival. This will be a decadent tradition of delectable chocolate, sparkling ice sculptures, and Valentine’s Day shopping! Feb. 10th @10am to Feb. 12th @7pm Downtown Salem, MAFor More Information
- Salem so Sweet with the House of Seven Gables
A wonderful, fun, family event co-sponsored by the House of SevenGables and the City of Salem’s Park, Recreation and Community Services Department. The event will include an outdoor scavenger hunt featuring chocolate facts and historical facts about the House of Seven Gables, free ground passes to the historic site, and more! The event is free [walk-ins welcomed (pre-registration is encouraged)]. (Kids must be accompanied by an adult)
Feb. 11th | 1 pm -3 pm
House of Seven Gables Salem, MA
- “Love is in the Air”- Valentin Masquerade Ball
The “Love is in the Air” Valentine Masquerade Ball is the hottest party in Salem. The amazing music from The Lisa Love Experience will keep the dance floor rocking! To add to the fun the event also includes a photo booth for an awesome keepsake, a mac and cheese bar, and a dessert station. To top off the evening there will be an offering of Signature Drink Tasting.Feb. 11th | 7 pm-11pm231 Essex St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- “Happy Hearts” Valentine Party
Surround yourself this February during “Salem’s so Sweet” Festival. The party will provide guests with photo opportunities with the Good Witch of Salem. Activities include cookie decorating, “love potion” creations, and making greeting cards. Then to end the night with music and dancing.
Feb. 11th | 10 am – 12 pm
Hawthorne Hotel Salem, MA
- Flu & Covid-19 Clinic at Lynn Community Health Center
Comprehensive health care to the highest quality to everyone in our community, regardless of ability to pay. Come get your COVID or Flu vaccine at the clinic to help keep our community happy and healthy. (Lynn Community Health Center patients may get both flu and Covid-19 during their regularly scheduled visit) Call 781-583-3900 to make an appointment
Every Saturday starting Jan. 7th to the end of Mar. 2023 | 9 am-12:30 am
269 Union St. Lynn, MA 01901
- Free English Classes for Parents and Families
Free English Classes for Parents and Families of Lynn Public Schools Students. Classes will meet every Thursday from 4 pm to 6 pm. To register, please contact Claritza Ramos at 781-477-7220 ext. 3143
Jan. 12 to Mar. 9th (Every Thursday) | 4 pm-6 pm
Harrington Elementary School Lynn, MA
- Lynn Teen Drop-In CenterCome into hangout, make new friends, and get some pizza and water. A fun evening to get out and spend some time with friends. (Ages from 13 to 18)Saturday Nights starting Dec. 3rd to Feb. 25th 2023 | 6 pm-9 pmLynn Tech Field House 80 Neptune Blvd, Lynn, MA 01902For More Information
- Age Strong Virtual Class: Latin FiestaOlder adults who partake in the Latin Fiesta class could reap its benefits, from boosting walking speed to physical fitness. Jan. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th | 11:30 am-12:30 pmVirtually on Zoom (free event)
For More Information & Zoom Link
- Mobile MarketLynn Community Health Center has partnered with the Greater Boston Food Bank to bring fresh fruits and vegetables to our community through a free monthly produce distribution. (Kids 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult). Jan. 7th | 9 am-10 amParking lot of 73 Buffum St.To register for free food visit WIC’s office at 20 Central Ave. Lynn, MA (during business hours)For More Information
- City of Salem’s Annual Christmas Tree BonfireBring your Christmas tree with you that evening, drop it off at the beach after January 2nd or leave it for curbside pickup beginning January 2nd (curbside pickup for the bonfire is for Salem residents only). Please don’t forget to remove ALL your decorations and lights from your tree. Jan. 6th | 6 pm-7 pmDead Horse Beach, Salem, MA 01907For More Information
- Jupiter Herbs with Arianne d’EntremontJoin local herbalist Arianne d’Entremont for a beginner in-depth look at the history of the herbal magic of Jupiter. Learn to blend your own incense recipe and learn the benefits of distillation and tinctures. Explore the practical application of herbs in ritual and how to use these herbs to set new goals for life and work. Jan. 13th | 7 pm-10 pm 282 Derby St. #Rear 3 Salem, MAFor More Information Make an appointment at https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/lynn or call (781) 598-4000 and ask for the Department of Public Health. Representatives are available in English and Spanish.
- 2nd Annual Army – Navy Football GameThis game is an opportunity for the Army and the Navy to get together to show the community that not only are they Soldiers and Sailors defending our country but also part of the fabric of our community. Dec. 10th- 11 am-12:30 pmRoberto Clemente Field, back Bay Fens, Boston, MA, 02215For More Information
- Santa in Salem Santa and Mrs. Claus are making an appearance at the Phillips House! Take a photo with Santa and see the elegant Chestnut Street mansion aglow with holiday cheer. Before or after meeting Santa, join Mrs. Claus for stories, cookies, cider, and a drop-in Christmas craft workshop. Make festive creations to take home and even write letters to Santa!Dec. 17th- 12 pm-3 pmAges 4 to 10 are recommended34 Chestnut St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- North Shore Latino Business Association Job Fair ¿Estàs buscando trabajo? – Are you actively looking to work?Two Days | Dos Dias – Monday and Tuesday – Lunes y Martes This hiring event is for anyone who is wishing to obtain employment in the North Shore region! | Esta feria de trabajo es para todo aquel que quiera trabajar en nuestra área. Dec. 12th to 13th- 10 am-1 pmNorth Shore Latino Business Association & Center- 33 Sutton St. Lynn, MAFor More Information
- Salem Main Streets Holiday Stroll Salem Main Streets wants to help you with your holiday shopping! The Salem Main Streets are introducing a holiday stroll to encourage residents to shop local and enjoy their downtime during the holiday season. Grab brunch, hit the pavement for special promotions, see unique finds all around, and be serenaded by festive roaming carolers. Dec. 18th Salem Main Streets, MAFor More Information
- Salem Common Neighborhood Association Holiday Concert The Salem Common Neighborhood Association(SCNA) is pleased to announce its Holiday Concert. Please join them for free music by the Merrimack Valley Concert Band! There will be a bake sale during the event and a donation of baked goods is greatly appreciated! All proceeds to benefit the SCNA to continue to bring free neighborhood programming to all is welcome. Dec. 18th- 3 pm-5 pm211 Bridge St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Winter Walk on the Wharf Merchants of Pickering Wharf are coming together to celebrate the Holiday season. The shops and restaurants at Pickering Wharf are hosting a spectacular Holiday Winter walk on the wharf. Stop by and join in for a weekend filled with fun, raffles, food, and Santa!Dec. 10th- 11 am-8 pmDec. 11th- 11 am-6 pmWharf St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Christmas Fireside Chat at the Daniels House A cozy evening of tales around an ancient fireplace in one of America’s oldest houses is devoted to stories about the evolution of the Christmas holiday, early Salem, and the winter season in Colonial America. Held every Friday and Saturday, Dec. 3rd to Dec. 31stFrom 6 pm-7:30 pm1 Daniels St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Santa’s Arrival at the Hawthorne and Holiday Tree Lighting
Join the City of Salem as they celebrate Santa’s arrival and the lighting of Salem’s holiday tree. Santa will arrive at the top of the Hawthorne Hotel promptly at 6pm (with the assistance of the Salem Fire Department). Bring your whole family for carols, festivities, and fun! From there follow Santa down from Essex St. to Lappin Park to join him and Mayor Kimberly Driscoll for the Holiday Tree Lighting.Nov 25th- 6 pm-7 pm
- Show Down Flag Football Tournament
This third annual event for people who are 21+ is taking place on November 27th. The purpose of this series is to bring back that competitive fun spirit for anyone who is 21 or older. All teams must register no later than Monday, November 22nd. To registrar a team please contact (781)286-8190 Nov 27th- 10 am-1 pm75 Park Ave, Revere, Ma 02151
- Mass Badge Community Thanksgiving Dinner
On November 22nd from 5 pm to 8 pm a community dinner in Revere is being hosted for anyone to go. Be part of your community by sitting together and sharing what you are truly thankful for. Being able to talk and eat with people from within the community during this Thanksgiving season. Nov 22nd- 5pm-8pm
61 Lucia Ave, Revere, Ma
For more information contact the Mayor’s Office: (781) 286-8111 or Joe Internicola Jr.: (781) 858-1569
- 8th Annual Festival of Trees
Trees will be displayed for one week and viewed by hundreds of people. You can go around and look at trees, listen to music, or enter a raffle to have a chance to win one of the trees on display. One hundred percent of the profits from the event will go to scholarships for Lynn Tech Students. Admission is $5. Raffle tickets for a chance to win a tree are 25 for $5. Nov 13th to Nov 20th
Nov 13th- 12 pm-7 pm
Nov 14th to 19th- 4 pm-7 pm
Nov 20th- 12 pm to 6 pm
Lynn Tech Annex Building, 90 Commercial Street, Lynn, Ma
- Festival of Lights
The Greater Lynn Chamber of Commerce and the City of Lynn are partnering together to host the fourth annual Festival of Lights event in Lynn Central Square. An evening of Holiday cheer with a tree and a menorah lighting at 5 pm. Enjoy a festive sing-along from students at the North Shore Christian school and St. Mary’s Choir! Plus a show from the all-city marching band!Nov 28th- 5pm
325 Broad St. Lynn, Ma 01901
- Read Between the Wines
A wine and book tasting is going to be hosted by the Lynn Public Library and the Lucille Wine Shop and Tasting Room. This is a 21+ event where you can sample wines and check out the perfect books to pair with them. At this event, you can also sign up to get a library card! Please bring your Photo ID and proof of address. To attend this event registration is required! To register, please visit or call the Library’s main desk. (781)595-0567)
Nov 16th- 7 pm to 8:30 pm
776 Washington St, Lynn, Ma 01902
For more info check the Lynn Library Calendar at https://lynnpubliclibrary.org/calendar
- Veteran’s Day Ceremonies & Dinner Dance
All Veterans, citizens, and friends are invited to a Veteran ceremony and dinner dance. The pre-event tickets for the dinner will cost $20, but the memories you’ll make are free. At this dinner dance, you will be able to eat from the Chinese buffet. While you dance and listen to music from Dj Alan Labella. Tickets are available from Al Terminiello Jr, Marc Silvestro, or Ira Novoselsky. Nov 11th- 5 pm-6:15 pm
61 Lucia Ave, Revere, Ma
- Honoring Veterans
We honor everyone who has given their lives to be in the military and to serve our great nation. We honor people like Attorney Norman’s father and uncles who have served in the military. Without people like them we wouldn’t be able to live in the America we know today. We at the Horrigan and Norman Law Offices thank you for your service.
- The North Shore Latino Business Association 11th Annual Gala Night
The NSLBA celebrates with great honor and pride their continued success andimpact serving small businesses of the North Shore and surrounding areas.Join us to celebrate our 11th anniversary and Seven Hundred (700) members!An elegant evening joining our special guests, entrepreneurs, professionals,and outstanding leaders, an unforgettable occasion.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La Asociación de Comerciantes NSLBA celebra con honor y gran orgullo su continuo éxitos e impacto sirviendo a las pequeñas empresas del North Shore y las áreas circundantes. Únase a nosotros para celebrar nuestros Once Anniversario y setecientos (700) miembros!
Sunday, November 6, 2022
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Flutie 5K for Autism
A Flutie Foundation flagship event on October 16 at Lookout Farm in Natick, MA or a Flutie 5k satellite location. 100% of proceeds go directly back to autism organizations through the Flutie 5k!
October 16 at Lookout Farm, Natick, MA
- Haunted Happenings Grand Parade sponsored by the Salem Chamber of Commerce
The Salem Chamber hosts the Haunted Happenings Parade on its traditional route with the theme, “Who’s Your Hero?” Parade starts at Shetland Park, continues through downtown and ends at the Salem Common.
October 6, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- 5K for Inclusion, a Family fun + Run, Walk, or Roll! Sponsored by Northeast Arc.
- September 25, 2022
- Run Medford: McGilliray Gives Back to Medford. Includes a Kids Fun Run, Para/Adaptive Athlete Mile, High School Mile, Mayor’s Celebrity Mile, 5K/8K, and Post Race Celebration
On Sunday, September 18 we’re coming together to celebrate running. Medford is where it all started for Dave McGillivray, and after more than 40 years of running adventures, he wanted to show his appreciation the best way he knows how: by organizing a road race with the explicit purpose of raising funds that would directly benefit his home town.
- Paellafest Boston 2022 Suffolk Downs, Boston, MAPaellafest Boston presents a professional paella competition with some of the best Spanish food you can find in New England. The festival includes a full day of events including not only 15 Professional chefs cooking paella competitively, but an expert jury, other spanish food vendors, music, dancing, entertainment, and kids activities. To learn more about the day and get your ticket visit https://paellafest.org/ . Sunday, August 28th, 11-6 pm
- Salem Heritage Days
Salem Heritage Days is back with a fun-filled week at the beginning of August! Events include live music from a variety of musicians and groups, an ice cream social and barbeque exclusively for adults, and many family-friendly events. There will be a much anticipated Public Safety Day which will include safety vehicles for children to explore, a Salem Police and Firefighters versus Salem Youth Basketball game, and K-9 demonstrations. Visit this link for a calendar of the events.
August 1, 8 am – August 7, 8 pm
- 20th Annual Phillips House Car Meet
Historic New England’s Phillips House, Salem, MA
Historic New England and the North Shore Old Car Club welcome the public to their Annual Car Meet this August. Vintage cars will be on display for free on historic Chestnut Street, tours of the Phillips House will be run, and live music will be presented by Bucket of Blues. The event will run rain or shine.
August 14th, 12-3 pm
- 2022 Diversity Matters Festival
Red Rock Park in Lynn, MA
Last year’s Diversity Matters Festival was a big success in bringing the community together to celebrate their diversity. The North Shore Juneteenth Association is excited to present the event for the second year in a row with the help of Save the Harbor Save the Bay, Marblehead School of Music, Lynn Museum, and other community organizations.
August 20th, 1-7 pm
- The North Shore Concert Band will begin their summer series of free outdoor concerts at Salem Willows park every Tuesday until August 9th. The program includes patriotic, Broadway, classical, and Disney-based performances.
Tuesdays, July 5 – August 9th
- Summer Inn the City with Pine Street Inn
Artists for Humanity, 100 W 2nd Street, Boston MA
Join Pine Street Inn InnSbassadors for the 10th annual Summer Inn the City Event which raises money and support for ending homelessness. Pine Street is the largest provider of homeless services in New England. They hope you can come to enjoy food, drinks, and entertainment in support of their mission. The fee is $75 per person. To learn more about the Innbassadors click here to register for the event click here.
Tuesday, August 2nd, 6-9 pm
- July 1- July4th
Marblehead’s Festival of the ArtsMarblehead, MAYou don’t want to miss Marblehead’s Festival of the Arts this summer! The celebrations will include trolly rides, art exhibits, live music, and more. Come celebrate throughout the weekend and don’t miss the firework show over Marblehead harbor on the night of the 4th! To get the full schedule of events click here.
- Swampscott’s Third of July Celebration July 3rd, 2022, 5 PM, Monument Avenue, Swampscott Swampscott’s Third of July Firework display is on for this year! Live music, food for sale, and a fireworks display will all take place starting on Monument Avenue. Start your Fourth of July Celebration one day early with Swampscott’s oceanside festivities.
Lynn’s Fourth of July Fireworks Display
- July 4th, 2022, 7 PM
- Red Rock Park, Lynn MA
To continue your Independence Day celebrations, head down to Red Rock Park for a live concert from 7-9 PM and a fireworks display shortly thereafter. The best viewing areas will be along Lynn Shore Drive and Humphrey Street in Swampscott. Lynn Shore Drive and surrounding streets will close at 7:30 PM for the events, so make sure to plan accordingly.
- July 1-July4th
Boston HarborfestBoston, MA
Over Independence Day weekend Boston will host one of the country’s largest fourth of July celebrations. With over 100 different events and activities, you and your family are guaranteed to find something to enjoy! These events include live music, boat tours, Freedom Trail walks, and much more. To learn more about the celebrations and to access the events schedule click here.
- June 27
29th Annual All Care Charity Golf OpenGannon Golf Course Lynn, MA8:30am-6:00pmHelp support All Care’s mission to offer affordable health and home care services. All Care ensures continued support and comfort to patients through providing Visiting Nurses, Hospice and Private Care. Mark your calendars for a day full of golf, give-aways, and fundraising!https://allcare.org/event/golf-2022/
- June 19th, 202211:00am-4:00pm“Rising Up and Moving Forward” Juneteenth FestivalFrederick Douglass Memorial Park & Lynn Museum/LynnArts ParkThrough observing the emancipation of slavery in the United States people honor and celebrate African American culture. The North Shore Juneteenth Association and Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts present an outdoor event this Juneteenth for people to come together and celebrate with food, music, and family activities!https://lynnmuseum.org/events/juneteenth-festival-22/
- June 11
Special Olympics Track and Field
8 AM, Harvard University Athletic Complex
The Largest Annual Special Olympics Event in Massachusetts Special Olympics Massachusetts Summer Games is hosted every June in Boston and it serves as the season-ending state tournament for our spring sports: Athletics (track & field) Power Lifting Swimming Tennis Volleyball Summer Games Event Guide Coming to Summer Games? Fans – including friends, family and locals – are encouraged to come out to support the 2,000+ athletes as they go for gold.
- May 12, 2022
Waypoint Adventure Fundraising Party 6-9 pm
Cotting School Campus, Lexington, MA
Although the outdoors is ‘open’, it is not accessible to everyone. Join the Waypoint community for our first reunion in two years, celebrate inclusive adventures, and together make the outdoors open to all!
- May 12
An Evening of Changing Lives Under the Stars
The South Lawn at Encore Boston Harbor
Presented by Encore Boston Harbor to benefit Northeast Arc
The Northeast Arc helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play.
April 17, 2022
Ipswich Half Marathon
“Storm the Castle!”
Hosted by the Ipswich Rotary, the Ipswich Ale Half Marathon would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors, partners and dozens of volunteers. Proceeds from the race go to the Ipswich Rotary Charitable Trust in support of local high school scholarships and other local charities.
April 7, 2022
Building Bright Futures, a gala by the Arc of Massachusetts
7:00 PM at the Westin Waltham Boston
The event includes live music, cocktail reception, dinner, and auction. The program will feature “What Was It Like?” an unforgettable short film by eight filmmakers with disabilities and a discussion afterward.
- Great time at At the Special Olypmics Massachustts ski finals at Berkeshire East. The Special Olympics motto is “Effort is everything.” Ryan proves this every day!Gran tiempo en especial
¡Finales de esquí de los Juegos Olímpicos en Berkshire East.
El lema de Olimpiadas Especiales es “El esfuerzo lo es todo”. ¡Ryan demuestra esto todos los días!