- Northeast Arc An Evening of Changing Lives Under The Stars
Thursday June 8, 2023
Encore Boston Harbor Picasso Ballroom
1 Broadway, Everett, Mass., 02149Attire: Cocktail or Business Attire (Due to the weather forecast, we will be indoors in the Picasso Ballroom)
Changing Lives Award Presentation to RoAnn Costin
Live Auction with Encore CEO Jenny Holaday
Inclusive Fashion Show
Super Bowl Champion James White 2-Minute Drill Football Toss
- Salem Art Festival Art and creativity heal and connect our community. Join and celebrate 15 years of celebrating local creators. Art and Culture are an integral part of day-to-day life in Salem. This annual festival has become a source of pride and revenue for hundreds of creative professionals and a major economic boost to the local community, with over 7500 attendees annually.
June 2nd-June 4th | 9 am-6 pm every day in downtown Salem, MA
- LYNN FARMERS’ MARKET – SPRING!
June 3rd and 17th | 11 am-3 pm
20 EXCHANGE ST. LYNN CENTRAL SQUARE
- Achilles Hope & Possibility Race, New York
The Achilles Hope & Possibility® 4M Presented by TD Bank is one of the largest inclusive races of its kind in the U.S., welcoming athletes of all ability levels and wounded, ill or injured veterans. It is operated annually by New York Road Runners (NYRR) and held in Central Park.
The 2023 race will be held on Sunday, June 25 at 8:15 AM.
For more information
- Opening Reception | “Music In Movement”Throughout history and across cultures artists have attempted to paint music. From Classical music to the Harlem Renaissance music has inspired great artworks. Whether you are a painter, sculptor, performer or photographer, we want to see how music is your muse.Rhythm and Movement are integral parts of the artist’s language. Rhythm in art creates a visual tempo created with the repetition of lines, shapes, colors, and more. Movement in art provides a dance for the viewer’s eye to follow. This exhibit at GALA calls for interpretations of music through art making, whether visually creating movement to a beat of a drum or finding inspiration in a song that conjures memory or stirs emotion.
June 2nd | 5:30 pm-7:30 pm (This event runs from June 2nd-July 12th)
25 Exchange St. Lynn, MA
- Midnight Moon Market The inaugural Midnight Moon Market is happening on May 20th, 2023 from 5-10 pm (VIP shopping hour from 4-5 pm) in the heart of downtown Salem at historic Old Town Hall. Showcasing 40 high-quality makers, artists, and crafters whose work is darkly strange and unusual.
May 20th | General admission 5-10 pm $5 (cash only at the door) | Admission: VIP Hour 4-5 pm $10
Old Town Hall Salem, MA
- Community Drumming Circle Our drum circle is a wonderful embodied spiritual practice where you can build friendships and create community. All are welcome! No experience necessary! Open to individuals 10 years-old and up, the Drum Circle plays African-based rhythms along with free-formed ones that blend together in a moving, spiritual way. It is a way to express yourself. You will leave the afternoon feeling inspired and relaxed.
May 21st | 1:30 pm-3:30 pm101
Forest Ave Swampscott, MA
- Terror Next Door This expert-guided, interactive and deep-dive into the Witch Trials explores in rare detail how a house and neighborhood reveal stories of terror and survival as they witnessed one of the darkest periods in American history. Start inside the c1667 Daniels House where you’ll tour a living home from the Trials and choose from a selection of historical drinks to take with you while exploring the Witch Trials sites in the incredibly preserved surrounding neighborhood.
Small groups allow for a more intimate experience and recommend booking in advance to ensure a spot. ~1.75 hours, approx 1 mile walking
Every Friday | May 26th-June 2nd | 6pm-7:30pm 1 Daniels St. Salem, MA
- Final Fridays Join the Lynn Museum / LynnArts on the last Friday of each month for Final Fridays! Each month features a different theme, music, art-making activities, and late-night fun at the Lynn Museum.
590 Washington St. Lynn, MA
- Black Market Pop-Up & Open Mic Join for a vibrant Sunday Pop-Up Shop and Open Mic presented by the Lynn Music Foundation & hosted by ChoppaThaBeatbix! This event brings together local artisans and talented performers in a lively atmosphere. Come discover unique products from talented vendors and enjoy live music, poetry, and comedy from local artists. Whether you’re a shopping enthusiast or a budding performer, this is the perfect opportunity to get involved in your community. Don’t miss this chance to support local businesses and talent, and make memories at this unforgettable event.
May 27th | 2 pm-7 pm
25 Exchange St. Lynn, MA
- 6th Annual Hats & Heels Tea This year’s Hats & Heels Tea is a gathering of self-awareness. This event is funded in part by Essex County Community Foundation. The theme is Step into Your Power. The Keynote speaker, Kim Janey, served as acting mayor of Boston in 2021. She also served as president of the Boston City Council from 2020 to 2022. She was the first woman and first black person to serve as acting mayor of the city during a vacancy in the office of mayor. Janey began her career as a community organizer and education advocate, working for groups such as Parents United for Child Care. and Massachusetts Advocates for Children. Look forward to delicious food, musical performances and an uplifting atmosphere.
May 13th | 1 pm-4 pmHawthorne Hotel Salem, MA
- Art Battle Lynn Join the very first Art Battle Lynn event! Unleash your inner art enthusiast and join us for an electrifying afternoon of live art battles! Witness the magic unfold as artists go head-to-head in three adrenaline-fueled rounds of painting. Be part of the action and cast your vote to determine the ultimate champion. And don’t miss out on the chance to own a piece of the action- all artwork Apr. 7th | 7 pm-11 pm25 Exchange Street Lynn, MAFor More Information
- Children’s Witch Hat Decorating Bows, lace, tulle oh my! Magical employees will guide children in designing and creating their very own PINK Witch Hat! Attendees will also receive sparkly nail manicures and a touch of glitter. This workshop is limited to 6 children, pre-registration is required. Under the age of 5 may attend with the help of a supervising adult. Apr. 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th | 10:30 am-11:30 am2 North Street Salem, MAFor More Information
- Community Blood Drive The City of Lynn and the Red Cross will be holding a Community Blood Drive on April 12thApr. 12th | 1 pm-6 pm3 City Hall Square Lynn, MA (First Floor)For More Information
- Thurgood Marshall PTO Comedy Night Fundraiser Come join the Thurgood Marshall community for a comedy show with unlimited cheese pizza to support the Thurgood Marshall PTO!! This is an Adults only event and will cost $30 to enter.Apr. 13th | 5:30 pm-8:30 pm517 Broadway, Route 1 South Saugus, MAhttps://lynntv.org/event/thurgood-marshall-pto-comedy-night-fundraiser/
- April School Vacation Week at the PEM Celebrate Earth Week with featured Climate Action: Inspiring Change artists and scientists! Enjoy workshops, art making, yummy cooking demos, PEM pals with a special guest, and more!Apr. 19th | 10 am-5 pmPeabody Essex Museum For More Information
- Fairy Magic This 2-day workshop explores the magic of fairies through art, science, and imagination! Students will create a fairy house, explode magical potions, and plant a garden! This workshop is limited to 8 children. April 19th & 20th | 9 am-12 pmFor More Information
- Salem Horror Fest Now in its sixth year, SHF is bigger than ever as it resumes a full program of live events. More than 20 feature films and a generous helping of shorts will play all four Cinema Salem screens. Dozens of filmmakers will attend from across the U.S. and from International locales as far-flung as Russia and Australia. Parties and other live events will feature celebrities in the horror world, including guests of honor Tony Todd of Candyman fame, Linnea Quigley, Geretta Geretta, the team behind the Faculty of Horror podcast and more. Author and film critic Kier-La Janisse will be a featured guest, presenting the keynote speech about folk horror and the role of folklore in our history and culture. Apr. 20th -30th 1 East India Square Mall Salem, MA2 North Street Salem, MAFor More Information
- Elephant’s & Sweet Treats: A Storytime of Salem Firsts Did you know Salem had the first elephant ever to set foot in America? It’s true! Join us for a silly story time of fun Salem firsts- we’ll be reading books, playing games making a craft, and enjoying a sweet treat at the end. Geared towards children ages 3 and up, but open to all!Apr. 20th | 2 pm-4 pm160 Derby Street Salem, MAFor More Information
- Abolitionists & Anti-Slavery Activists: A Themed Walking Tour with Jim Mcasllister Highlighted stops on the walking tour will include visits to the grave sites of John & Nancy (Lenox) Remond, their son Charles Lenox Remond, and other members of their family. The Remond family was one of the most influential free Black families in early 19th-century New England. In addition, tour attendees will also visit the grave sites of Luis. Fenellosa Emilio (1844-1918). Captain of the 54th Regiment, Francis Fletcher (abt. 1841-1872), a Sergeant in the 54th Regiment, and additional Harmony Grove Residents who were involved locally and regionally in the Abolitionist and/ or Anti-Slavery Movements of the day. Apr. 22nd | 10 am-11:30 am30 Grove Street Salem, MAFor More Information
- Preservation Roadshow!Consult with experts about how best to preserve and store your family photographs, books, and documents-for free! Visitors are invited to bring items (or photographs of them) for review. Hosted by the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, in collaboration with American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society. Walk-ins are welcome. Apr. 23rd | 12 pm-4 pm316 Essex Street Salem, MAFor More Information
- A Tea for Caroline Please join The House of the Seven Gables for a tea to celebrate Gables founder Caroline Emmerton’s birthday. Also celebrating a generous grant from the Wyeth Foundation for American Art to restore Flight Into Egypt, a Sophia Peabosy Hawthorne painting believed to be from Caroline’s collection. Ticket fees for this event will go towards this conservation program. Come and enjoy the spring gardens and see some of the paintings before enjoying a brief presentation on Sophia’s life and work with an afternoon tea service catered by Mary Ferreira with teas provided by Joli Tea Company. Apr. 30th | 1pm-3pmHouse of the Seven GablesFor More Information
- Advocates for Autism of Massachusetts’ 18th Annual Autism Advocacy DayAdvocates for Autism of Massachusetts (AFAM) invites you to this 18th annual Autism Advocacy Day event. We are excited to hear from Massachusetts legislators, autism self-advocates, and families as we come together to discuss the current state of affairs and highlight priority legislative proposals that would restore and increase access to services, education, and training.May 8th | 10 am-11 amFor More Information
- Sweet Sadie’s Benefit Concert 2023
The concert will be a rock and roll and will support the nonprofit, Sweet Sadie’s Difference Makers. The mission is to perpetuate the memory and legacy of Sarah Maclsaacby providing access to educational and recreational opportunities for those with disabilities. The nonprofit gives two $1500 scholarships for those in need at North Shore Community College and donates to Sarah’s old High School, Pappas’ Rehabilitation Hospital for Children. This will allow them to buy the equipment they need to live.
Mar. 4th | 7pm-10pm
Lynn Knights of Columbus, 177 Lynnfield St. Lynn, MA
- Chili and Beer Fest
Who will take home the title of best chili?! Only one can win and they need your votes! Live music, local breweries, giveaways and more! Try different Chilis and beers and see who takes home the trophy. Tickets available at Sea Level Oyster Bar Salem!
Mar. 4th | 1 pm-5 pm
94 Wharf St. Salem, MA
- M.E.S.A (Museum Enrichment Series for All)
Join for the 2nd Wednesday of each month at noon for M.E.S.A. Cover a variety of topics such as wellness, genealogy, and current events. Hear from local experts, the community, Museum staff, and others during this virtual lecture.
Mar. 8th | 12 pm-1 pm
- Salem Film Fest
Since 2007, Salem Film Fest has brought the world’s best independent documentaries and their makers to Boston’s North Shore. Now the largest international documentary film festival in Massachusetts, the event annually presents features, shorts, and special events to a loyal audience of thousands. The festival is mostly run by volunteers through a non-profit entity, Salem Community Arts Center, Inc.
Mar. 23rd @11am to Apr. 2nd @7pm
1 East India Square Mall Salem, MA
- Brown Bag Project
The monthly Brown Bag Project takes place on the third Friday of each month in conjunction with The Greater Boston Food Bank. Bags of free food will be distributed from 9 am-11 am. In order to qualify, individuals must be over 60, be eligible for an assistance program, and be pre-qualified through an application process. Please call 781-599-0110 and request an application for this program.
Mar. 17th | 9 am-11 pm
Greater Lynn Senior Services 8 Silsbee St. Lynn, MA
- NAGLY Lynn
Supported for ages 13-23 years old. Come hang out and do activities, get support, and most importantly have fun! This event is held every first Thursday of the Month and is a different themed event each time. So, you don’t want to miss out!
Mar. 2nd | 5:30 pm-8 pm
40 Neptune Blvd. Lynn, MA
- Flu & Covid-19 Clinic at Lynn Community Health Center
Comprehensive health care to the highest quality to everyone in our community, regardless of ability to pay. Come get your COVID or Flu vaccine at the clinic to help keep our community happy and healthy. (Lynn Community Health Center patients may get both flu and Covid-19 during their regularly scheduled visit) Call 781-583-3900 to make an appointment
Every Saturday starting Jan. 7th to the end of Mar. 2023 | 9 am-12:30 am
269 Union St. Lynn, MA 01901
- Free English Classes for Parents and Families
Free English Classes for Parents and Families of Lynn Public Schools Students. Classes will meet every Thursday from 4 pm to 6 pm. To register, please contact Claritza Ramos at 781-477-7220 ext. 3143
Jan. 12 to Mar. 9th (Every Thursday) | 4 pm-6 pm
Harrington Elementary School Lynn, MA
- Lynn Teen Drop-In CenterCome into hangout, make new friends, and get some pizza and water. A fun evening to get out and spend some time with friends. (Ages from 13 to 18)Saturday Nights starting Dec. 3rd to Feb. 25th 2023 | 6 pm-9 pmLynn Tech Field House 80 Neptune Blvd, Lynn, MA 01902For More Information
- “Happy Hearts” Valentine Party
Surround yourself this February during “Salem’s so Sweet” Festival. The party will provide guests with photo opportunities with the Good Witch of Salem. Activities include cookie decorating, “love potion” creations, and making greeting cards. Then to end the night with music and dancing.
Feb. 11th | 10 am – 12 pm
Hawthorne Hotel Salem, MA
- “Love is in the Air”- Valentin Masquerade Ball
The “Love is in the Air” Valentine Masquerade Ball is the hottest party in Salem. The amazing music from The Lisa Love Experience will keep the dance floor rocking! To add to the fun the event also includes a photo booth for an awesome keepsake, a mac and cheese bar, and a dessert station. To top off the evening there will be an offering of Signature Drink Tasting.Feb. 11th | 7 pm-11pm231 Essex St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Passages of the Past Audio Tour
Experience a more personal history of Salem from the perspectives of the people who don’t make it into the history books. From enslaved people to indentured servants to immigrants fleeing war and looking for opportunity; the Derby St. Neighborhood has been a backbone of Salem since its earliest days. Feb. 1st | 10:30 am-4 pmHouse of the Seven Gables Salem, MAFor More Information
- Age Strong Virtual Class: Latin FiestaOlder adults who partake in the Latin Fiesta class could reap its benefits, from boosting walking speed to physical fitness. Jan. 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th | 11:30 am-12:30 pmVirtually on Zoom (free event)
For More Information & Zoom Link
- Mobile MarketLynn Community Health Center has partnered with the Greater Boston Food Bank to bring fresh fruits and vegetables to our community through a free monthly produce distribution. (Kids 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult). Jan. 7th | 9 am-10 amParking lot of 73 Buffum St.To register for free food visit WIC’s office at 20 Central Ave. Lynn, MA (during business hours)For More Information
- City of Salem’s Annual Christmas Tree BonfireBring your Christmas tree with you that evening, drop it off at the beach after January 2nd or leave it for curbside pickup beginning January 2nd (curbside pickup for the bonfire is for Salem residents only). Please don’t forget to remove ALL your decorations and lights from your tree. Jan. 6th | 6 pm-7 pmDead Horse Beach, Salem, MA 01907For More Information
- Jupiter Herbs with Arianne d’EntremontJoin local herbalist Arianne d’Entremont for a beginner in-depth look at the history of the herbal magic of Jupiter. Learn to blend your own incense recipe and learn the benefits of distillation and tinctures. Explore the practical application of herbs in ritual and how to use these herbs to set new goals for life and work. Jan. 13th | 7 pm-10 pm 282 Derby St. #Rear 3 Salem, MAFor More Information Make an appointment at https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/lynn or call (781) 598-4000 and ask for the Department of Public Health. Representatives are available in English and Spanish.
- 2nd Annual Army – Navy Football GameThis game is an opportunity for the Army and the Navy to get together to show the community that not only are they Soldiers and Sailors defending our country but also part of the fabric of our community. Dec. 10th- 11 am-12:30 pmRoberto Clemente Field, back Bay Fens, Boston, MA, 02215For More Information
- Santa in Salem Santa and Mrs. Claus are making an appearance at the Phillips House! Take a photo with Santa and see the elegant Chestnut Street mansion aglow with holiday cheer. Before or after meeting Santa, join Mrs. Claus for stories, cookies, cider, and a drop-in Christmas craft workshop. Make festive creations to take home and even write letters to Santa!Dec. 17th- 12 pm-3 pmAges 4 to 10 are recommended34 Chestnut St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- North Shore Latino Business Association Job Fair ¿Estàs buscando trabajo? – Are you actively looking to work?Two Days | Dos Dias – Monday and Tuesday – Lunes y Martes This hiring event is for anyone who is wishing to obtain employment in the North Shore region! | Esta feria de trabajo es para todo aquel que quiera trabajar en nuestra área. Dec. 12th to 13th- 10 am-1 pmNorth Shore Latino Business Association & Center- 33 Sutton St. Lynn, MAFor More Information
- Salem Main Streets Holiday Stroll Salem Main Streets wants to help you with your holiday shopping! The Salem Main Streets are introducing a holiday stroll to encourage residents to shop local and enjoy their downtime during the holiday season. Grab brunch, hit the pavement for special promotions, see unique finds all around, and be serenaded by festive roaming carolers. Dec. 18th Salem Main Streets, MAFor More Information
- Salem Common Neighborhood Association Holiday Concert The Salem Common Neighborhood Association(SCNA) is pleased to announce its Holiday Concert. Please join them for free music by the Merrimack Valley Concert Band! There will be a bake sale during the event and a donation of baked goods is greatly appreciated! All proceeds to benefit the SCNA to continue to bring free neighborhood programming to all is welcome. Dec. 18th- 3 pm-5 pm211 Bridge St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Winter Walk on the Wharf Merchants of Pickering Wharf are coming together to celebrate the Holiday season. The shops and restaurants at Pickering Wharf are hosting a spectacular Holiday Winter walk on the wharf. Stop by and join in for a weekend filled with fun, raffles, food, and Santa!Dec. 10th- 11 am-8 pmDec. 11th- 11 am-6 pmWharf St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Christmas Fireside Chat at the Daniels House A cozy evening of tales around an ancient fireplace in one of America’s oldest houses is devoted to stories about the evolution of the Christmas holiday, early Salem, and the winter season in Colonial America. Held every Friday and Saturday, Dec. 3rd to Dec. 31stFrom 6 pm-7:30 pm1 Daniels St. Salem, MAFor More Information
- Santa’s Arrival at the Hawthorne and Holiday Tree Lighting
Join the City of Salem as they celebrate Santa’s arrival and the lighting of Salem’s holiday tree. Santa will arrive at the top of the Hawthorne Hotel promptly at 6pm (with the assistance of the Salem Fire Department). Bring your whole family for carols, festivities, and fun! From there follow Santa down from Essex St. to Lappin Park to join him and Mayor Kimberly Driscoll for the Holiday Tree Lighting.Nov 25th- 6 pm-7 pm
- Show Down Flag Football Tournament
This third annual event for people who are 21+ is taking place on November 27th. The purpose of this series is to bring back that competitive fun spirit for anyone who is 21 or older. All teams must register no later than Monday, November 22nd. To registrar a team please contact (781)286-8190 Nov 27th- 10 am-1 pm75 Park Ave, Revere, Ma 02151
- Mass Badge Community Thanksgiving Dinner
On November 22nd from 5 pm to 8 pm a community dinner in Revere is being hosted for anyone to go. Be part of your community by sitting together and sharing what you are truly thankful for. Being able to talk and eat with people from within the community during this Thanksgiving season. Nov 22nd- 5pm-8pm
61 Lucia Ave, Revere, Ma
For more information contact the Mayor’s Office: (781) 286-8111 or Joe Internicola Jr.: (781) 858-1569
- 8th Annual Festival of Trees
Trees will be displayed for one week and viewed by hundreds of people. You can go around and look at trees, listen to music, or enter a raffle to have a chance to win one of the trees on display. One hundred percent of the profits from the event will go to scholarships for Lynn Tech Students. Admission is $5. Raffle tickets for a chance to win a tree are 25 for $5. Nov 13th to Nov 20th
Nov 13th- 12 pm-7 pm
Nov 14th to 19th- 4 pm-7 pm
Nov 20th- 12 pm to 6 pm
Lynn Tech Annex Building, 90 Commercial Street, Lynn, Ma
- Festival of Lights
The Greater Lynn Chamber of Commerce and the City of Lynn are partnering together to host the fourth annual Festival of Lights event in Lynn Central Square. An evening of Holiday cheer with a tree and a menorah lighting at 5 pm. Enjoy a festive sing-along from students at the North Shore Christian school and St. Mary’s Choir! Plus a show from the all-city marching band!Nov 28th- 5pm
325 Broad St. Lynn, Ma 01901
- Read Between the Wines
A wine and book tasting is going to be hosted by the Lynn Public Library and the Lucille Wine Shop and Tasting Room. This is a 21+ event where you can sample wines and check out the perfect books to pair with them. At this event, you can also sign up to get a library card! Please bring your Photo ID and proof of address. To attend this event registration is required! To register, please visit or call the Library’s main desk. (781)595-0567)
Nov 16th- 7 pm to 8:30 pm
776 Washington St, Lynn, Ma 01902
For more info check the Lynn Library Calendar at https://lynnpubliclibrary.org/calendar
- Lynn City Park Clean-Ups
Go around and help clean our community! Supplies for the clean-ups are provided. Volunteering for the clean-ups can be applied to community service hours. To sign up contact Lisa Nerick at email@example.com Flax Pound Clean Up- Nov 12th- 9am-11am
- Veteran’s Day Ceremonies & Dinner Dance
All Veterans, citizens, and friends are invited to a Veteran ceremony and dinner dance. The pre-event tickets for the dinner will cost $20, but the memories you’ll make are free. At this dinner dance, you will be able to eat from the Chinese buffet. While you dance and listen to music from Dj Alan Labella. Tickets are available from Al Terminiello Jr, Marc Silvestro, or Ira Novoselsky. Nov 11th- 5 pm-6:15 pm
61 Lucia Ave, Revere, Ma
- Honoring Veterans
We honor everyone who has given their lives to be in the military and to serve our great nation. We honor people like Attorney Norman’s father and uncles who have served in the military. Without people like them we wouldn’t be able to live in the America we know today. We at the Horrigan and Norman Law Offices thank you for your service.
- The North Shore Latino Business Association 11th Annual Gala Night
The NSLBA celebrates with great honor and pride their continued success andimpact serving small businesses of the North Shore and surrounding areas.Join us to celebrate our 11th anniversary and Seven Hundred (700) members!An elegant evening joining our special guests, entrepreneurs, professionals,and outstanding leaders, an unforgettable occasion.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La Asociación de Comerciantes NSLBA celebra con honor y gran orgullo su continuo éxitos e impacto sirviendo a las pequeñas empresas del North Shore y las áreas circundantes. Únase a nosotros para celebrar nuestros Once Anniversario y setecientos (700) miembros!
Sunday, November 6, 2022
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Flutie 5K for Autism
A Flutie Foundation flagship event on October 16 at Lookout Farm in Natick, MA or a Flutie 5k satellite location. 100% of proceeds go directly back to autism organizations through the Flutie 5k!
October 16 at Lookout Farm, Natick, MA
- Haunted Happenings Grand Parade sponsored by the Salem Chamber of Commerce
The Salem Chamber hosts the Haunted Happenings Parade on its traditional route with the theme, “Who’s Your Hero?” Parade starts at Shetland Park, continues through downtown and ends at the Salem Common.
October 6, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- 5K for Inclusion, a Family fun + Run, Walk, or Roll! Sponsored by Northeast Arc.
- September 25, 2022
- Run Medford: McGilliray Gives Back to Medford. Includes a Kids Fun Run, Para/Adaptive Athlete Mile, High School Mile, Mayor’s Celebrity Mile, 5K/8K, and Post Race Celebration
On Sunday, September 18 we’re coming together to celebrate running. Medford is where it all started for Dave McGillivray, and after more than 40 years of running adventures, he wanted to show his appreciation the best way he knows how: by organizing a road race with the explicit purpose of raising funds that would directly benefit his home town.
- Paellafest Boston 2022 Suffolk Downs, Boston, MAPaellafest Boston presents a professional paella competition with some of the best Spanish food you can find in New England. The festival includes a full day of events including not only 15 Professional chefs cooking paella competitively, but an expert jury, other spanish food vendors, music, dancing, entertainment, and kids activities. To learn more about the day and get your ticket visit https://paellafest.org/ . Sunday, August 28th, 11-6 pm
- Salem Heritage Days
Salem Heritage Days is back with a fun-filled week at the beginning of August! Events include live music from a variety of musicians and groups, an ice cream social and barbeque exclusively for adults, and many family-friendly events. There will be a much anticipated Public Safety Day which will include safety vehicles for children to explore, a Salem Police and Firefighters versus Salem Youth Basketball game, and K-9 demonstrations. Visit this link for a calendar of the events.
August 1, 8 am – August 7, 8 pm
- 20th Annual Phillips House Car Meet
Historic New England’s Phillips House, Salem, MA
Historic New England and the North Shore Old Car Club welcome the public to their Annual Car Meet this August. Vintage cars will be on display for free on historic Chestnut Street, tours of the Phillips House will be run, and live music will be presented by Bucket of Blues. The event will run rain or shine.
August 14th, 12-3 pm
- 2022 Diversity Matters Festival
Red Rock Park in Lynn, MA
Last year’s Diversity Matters Festival was a big success in bringing the community together to celebrate their diversity. The North Shore Juneteenth Association is excited to present the event for the second year in a row with the help of Save the Harbor Save the Bay, Marblehead School of Music, Lynn Museum, and other community organizations.
August 20th, 1-7 pm
- The North Shore Concert Band will begin their summer series of free outdoor concerts at Salem Willows park every Tuesday until August 9th. The program includes patriotic, Broadway, classical, and Disney-based performances.
Tuesdays, July 5 – August 9th
- Summer Inn the City with Pine Street Inn
Artists for Humanity, 100 W 2nd Street, Boston MA
Join Pine Street Inn InnSbassadors for the 10th annual Summer Inn the City Event which raises money and support for ending homelessness. Pine Street is the largest provider of homeless services in New England. They hope you can come to enjoy food, drinks, and entertainment in support of their mission. The fee is $75 per person. To learn more about the Innbassadors click here to register for the event click here.
Tuesday, August 2nd, 6-9 pm
- July 1- July4th
Marblehead’s Festival of the ArtsMarblehead, MAYou don’t want to miss Marblehead’s Festival of the Arts this summer! The celebrations will include trolly rides, art exhibits, live music, and more. Come celebrate throughout the weekend and don’t miss the firework show over Marblehead harbor on the night of the 4th! To get the full schedule of events click here.
- Swampscott’s Third of July Celebration July 3rd, 2022, 5 PM, Monument Avenue, Swampscott Swampscott’s Third of July Firework display is on for this year! Live music, food for sale, and a fireworks display will all take place starting on Monument Avenue. Start your Fourth of July Celebration one day early with Swampscott’s oceanside festivities.
Lynn’s Fourth of July Fireworks Display
- July 4th, 2022, 7 PM
- Red Rock Park, Lynn MA
To continue your Independence Day celebrations, head down to Red Rock Park for a live concert from 7-9 PM and a fireworks display shortly thereafter. The best viewing areas will be along Lynn Shore Drive and Humphrey Street in Swampscott. Lynn Shore Drive and surrounding streets will close at 7:30 PM for the events, so make sure to plan accordingly.
- July 1-July4th
Boston HarborfestBoston, MA
Over Independence Day weekend Boston will host one of the country’s largest fourth of July celebrations. With over 100 different events and activities, you and your family are guaranteed to find something to enjoy! These events include live music, boat tours, Freedom Trail walks, and much more. To learn more about the celebrations and to access the events schedule click here.
- June 27
29th Annual All Care Charity Golf OpenGannon Golf Course Lynn, MA8:30am-6:00pmHelp support All Care’s mission to offer affordable health and home care services. All Care ensures continued support and comfort to patients through providing Visiting Nurses, Hospice and Private Care. Mark your calendars for a day full of golf, give-aways, and fundraising!https://allcare.org/event/golf-2022/
- June 19th, 202211:00am-4:00pm“Rising Up and Moving Forward” Juneteenth FestivalFrederick Douglass Memorial Park & Lynn Museum/LynnArts ParkThrough observing the emancipation of slavery in the United States people honor and celebrate African American culture. The North Shore Juneteenth Association and Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts present an outdoor event this Juneteenth for people to come together and celebrate with food, music, and family activities!https://lynnmuseum.org/events/juneteenth-festival-22/
- June 11
Special Olympics Track and Field
8 AM, Harvard University Athletic Complex
The Largest Annual Special Olympics Event in Massachusetts Special Olympics Massachusetts Summer Games is hosted every June in Boston and it serves as the season-ending state tournament for our spring sports: Athletics (track & field) Power Lifting Swimming Tennis Volleyball Summer Games Event Guide Coming to Summer Games? Fans – including friends, family and locals – are encouraged to come out to support the 2,000+ athletes as they go for gold.
- May 12, 2022
Waypoint Adventure Fundraising Party 6-9 pm
Cotting School Campus, Lexington, MA
Although the outdoors is ‘open’, it is not accessible to everyone. Join the Waypoint community for our first reunion in two years, celebrate inclusive adventures, and together make the outdoors open to all!
- May 12
An Evening of Changing Lives Under the Stars
The South Lawn at Encore Boston Harbor
Presented by Encore Boston Harbor to benefit Northeast Arc
The Northeast Arc helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play.
April 17, 2022
Ipswich Half Marathon
“Storm the Castle!”
Hosted by the Ipswich Rotary, the Ipswich Ale Half Marathon would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors, partners and dozens of volunteers. Proceeds from the race go to the Ipswich Rotary Charitable Trust in support of local high school scholarships and other local charities.
April 7, 2022
Building Bright Futures, a gala by the Arc of Massachusetts
7:00 PM at the Westin Waltham Boston
The event includes live music, cocktail reception, dinner, and auction. The program will feature “What Was It Like?” an unforgettable short film by eight filmmakers with disabilities and a discussion afterward.
- Great time at At the Special Olypmics Massachustts ski finals at Berkeshire East. The Special Olympics motto is “Effort is everything.” Ryan proves this every day!Gran tiempo en especial
¡Finales de esquí de los Juegos Olímpicos en Berkshire East.
El lema de Olimpiadas Especiales es “El esfuerzo lo es todo”. ¡Ryan demuestra esto todos los días!